Is the RDX Series Replacing the XTN Series?
Yes. The XTN platform is reaching maturity (5 years in first quarter 2007). Even though the XTN remains market leader in 2W space, several enhancements are needed to satisfy customer demand.
- Return to a "brick" radio design per customer input
- Provide significantly improved audio performance
- Leverage advancements in battery technology
- Make radio install and fleet maintenance easier
Aside from obvious performance benefits, these improvements make the RDX Series radios more durable, easier to use and more comfortable to carry and use on a daily basis.
Impact of offering both 2W and 4/5W radios
- Same features
- Same batteries
- Same chargers
- Same audio accessories
From a distribution view
- Reduced SKU numbers (radio and accessories)
- Simplified portfolio of solutions
- Customer driven solution for higher customer satisfaction
Improving on market leadership
RDX family replaces/improves on the XTN...
- Offers 2W and 4/5W versions in same form factor
- Longer battery life
- More channels
- Increased frequency support
- More rugged cast chassis
- Better environmental durability
- Traditional radio form factor
- Exceptional audio level – 30% louder!
- Programmable via PC Software