Digital Two-Way Radio – DTR 550
Broad Coverage. One-to-Many Calling. No License Required.
The DTR550™ Series expands coverage by 20%* and offers increased battery life with 45% longer operation in a single charge*. The digital audio quality is loud and clear throughout its coverage area. Additionally, the DTR550™ Series offers unique 11-digit identification for new group-calling options: digital one-to-many group calling and radio naming and public group name aliasing (programming through the optional mini-keyboard).
*Compared to the XU2600 or CP100 Two-Way Radios. When using the high capacity lithium ion battery, range will vary depending on terrain and conditions.
- 900 MHz ISM license-free band
- Digital One-to-Many group call
- Frequency Hopping spread spectrum (FHSS)
- SMS text messaging
- Group Calling: allows users to access up to 20 public and 10 private groups
- 150-unit contact list (shared group/private)
- Battery gauge
- VibraCall - allows setting the radio to vibrate with no audio alert tones when text messages or call alerts are received (does not mute the audio for voice calls)
- 2 pin Audio Accessory jack with captive connector cover; takes 2 pin Audio Accessories - uses XTN/CLS audio accessories
- Swivel carry holster
- Tough polycarbonate housing with rubber overmold for comfort
- Meets military standards MIL-STD 810 C, D, E, F for high resistance to shock, vibration, water, dust and temperature extremes
- Connector programming interface with captive connector cover
- Full-graphic backlit display with contrast adjustment and backlight timer
- Caller ID
- Recent call list – last 10 transmissions
- Call forwarding
- Accessories - uses XTN/CLS audio accessories
- Unit-to-Unit configuration cloning (via optional Cloning Cable)
- Battery Life: 14.5 hrs (Standard); 19 hrs (High Capacity) - based on 5/5/90 duty cycle
- One year over-the-counter replacement warranty
- Quick Reference cards in English/Spanish/French Canadian
- User’s Guide CD-Rom in English/Spanish/French-Canadian
- 5.2" x 2.3" x 1.4"
- 7.1 oz
- Up to 325,000 sq. ft.
- Up to 30 floors
*With long whip antenna. Range will vary depending on terrain and conditions
- Swivel Belt Holster with 3” spring clip
- 3-hr plug-in Charger
- Drop-in Charging Tray
- Li Ion Battery – Standard Capacity
- 1/4 wave stubby antenna
- Quick Reference Cards
- Tri-lingual User's Guide (CD)
Enhanced coverage, battery life, and audio quality aren't the only advantages of Motorola's new Digital On-Site Two-Way Radios. No license is required to operate Motorola 900 MHz units. And for enhanced security, Motorola added Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) with 100 non-overlapping groups. Unlike analog radios, multiple group communications can occur simultaneously on the same channel with Motorola Digital On-Site Two-Way Radios.
In addition to these overall benefits, Motorola Digital On-Site Two-Way Radios allow you to take advantage of many leading-edge operational features that were never available previously.
Because the digital technology of the Motorola DTR550™ portable enables each unit to have its own unique 11-digit identification, you get a new level of radio communication versatility with these calling options:
Digital One-to-Many Calling
Public Group Call
All other Motorola DTR Series™ radios on the same group ID and channel hear communications, similar to an analog radio operation.
Receiving DTR Series™ radios display the radio ID of the transmitting unit and, if listed in the receiving radio's contact list, the transmitting unit's radio name.
Can display frequently used group and private IDs for easiest access on your Motorola DTR Series™ radio. You can view a recent-calls list, showing the source and target of the last 20 transmissions with the time and date information.
Rest assured that the Motorola DTR410 Digital On-Site Two-Way Radio will hold up under demanding conditions. U.S. Military 810 C, D, E, and F Standards are used in the design process to simulate the very harshest environments, including:
- Blowing rain
- Salt fog
- Blowing dust
- Temperature storage